April 02, 2012

Time-Lapse: Taking Down Tent/Sad Story



I've been without my camera for almost a month now.  I thought I would be getting my camera back all clean and fixed pretty soon, but I was informed last week that the $300 repair they thought was going to fix the sensor turned out to be a $3,300 sensor replacement.  I'm sorry?  Did you say $3,300?  That's right.  I was devastated.  I still am.  However, there is some good news in this sad, sad story.  I ordered a Canon 5D Mark II and it's on the way!  I can't feel too bad, as my used 1Ds Mark II went above and beyond the call this past year.  Yes, I only had it a year, but I paid a fraction of what it cost new.  I don't regret buying it at all, but I had the thought of selling it to Adorama about two months ago and I can't stop thinking, "If I had just sold it then!"  It's too bad.  It sucks.  But I have moved on and I am stoked to get my hands on the 5D.  I've been wanting this camera for a while now, and since the 5D Mark III came out, and the Mark II prices lowered a bit, I had set my sites on it becoming my second body for a while now (so much for that plan).  Now it will serve as my one and only (at least for the time being) and I have plans of it serving me well.  I am really excited about the HD video, the insanely high ISO capabilities, and the overall image quality this camera promises to deliver.  

On another note, I made a time-lapse video of yours truly packing up my tent at the Salt Flats and wanted to share.  I hope to be putting up a few more of these time-lapse videos in the next few days.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment