August 31, 2012

Autumn and Fall Colors

Side lit trees contrast against a dark background in Little Cottonwood Canyon

Fall is just around the corner. The mornings are cooling down and the leaves have already started to turn in the mountains. I am really excited for fall this year. I've got ideas galore and I can't wait to get out and make some unique imagery. I've got plans ranging from Ogden Valley, Utah to Banff National Park, Canada. I'm especially excited for Canada. I've never been, and many of those I look up to photographically have thrived in places like Banff and Jasper National Park: Darwin Wiggett, Chip Phillips, Marc Adamus, and all contributors to Photo Cascadia to name a few. Hopefully I'll make it back in time for the peak fall foliage here in Salt Lake. If you're looking to up your photography game there is a fall workshop in Northern Utah at the end of September hosted by Adam Barker. I would highly recommend it. The most exciting of all is that fall is another excuse to get out and enjoy nature. So take a drive, climb a mountain and enjoy the fall scenery this Autumn!

Here are some old photos to get your fall senses tingling. 


Light filtered through the smoke of campfires illuminating the fall leaves in Millcreek Canyon
Abstract of fall leaves in a snowstorm 
A small stream leads the way through the fall foliage near Mountain Dell golf course
Yellow leaves contrast the blue and pink sky near Guardsman Pass in Big Cottonwood Canyon
A lone yellow tree sits in a field of brown grass near Mountain Dell


No comments:

Post a Comment