November 20, 2012

Location: East Canyon and Little Dell Reservoirs

East Canyon Reservoir, Utah

The last few work days I've been able to get off early, and I've taken every advantage to go get some new imagery. I'm lucky to live in such a diverse area that I sometimes have trouble deciding which way to go. Recently I've been heading east of Salt Lake and checking out several of the surrounding reservoirs. A week or so ago I made it to East Canyon, but just as a low clouds started to envelop the scene and turn it grey. I was intrigued by what I saw so I decided to return. With the reservoir so low this time of year the inlets and outlets create a photographers dream: leading lines, cracked mud, bright green undergrowth. I was lucky enough to find some clean patches of the cracked mud below; most of the area was trampled by cattle. 

"Crack" (aptly named by my brother) at East Canyon Reservoir, Utah

East Canyon Reservoir, Utah

Little Dell Reservoir, Utah

Little Dell is just on the way to East Canyon and can be seen from the top of Emigration Canyon. It's a great little reservoir that I've been wanting to shoot for a while. Far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the city, but close enough to feel like it's in my backyard. I'm hoping as it gets colder these reservoirs will freeze and produce some interesting imagery. I just have to figure out how to keep this early shift...

Little Dell Reservoir, Utah

Little Dell Reservoir, Utah

Little Dell Reservoir, Utah
As a side note, one of my Instagram photos was chosen as a finalist for the @igutah #utahwildlife contest. If you're on Instagram check it out!

Here's the photo and link


4 comments:

  1. Hooray, Hooray, Hooray! More pictures!!!!!
    Fantastic timing with the rainbow and I love the mossy lime green look in the "Cracks." :) (Thank you brother:)
    I'm not on Instagram, but I want to try and figure it out. CONGRATULATIONS! How many times have you placed/won now? :) WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, if I don't figure out how to see your submission on Instagram, you will post here too, hmmm? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, post it here! Love these pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, the Instagram stuff is just for fun. I recently got it since I got an iPhone. But it's a really fun community, if you can call it that. I post many of the same photos on twitter if you want to follow me there: @lindsaydaniels3.

    I've added the photo in the post so you can see it here, too.

    ReplyDelete