May 31, 2012

Location: Caineville, Utah

Boy, has it been a busy couple of months! I've finally made some edits from my latest trip down south, to Caineville, Goblin Valley and Torrey, Utah. This was all new territory for me, so I did my best to take it all in. I had seen photographs of the buttes in Caineville, Utah (thank you Adam Barker) and have wanted to photograph the place ever since. I was hoping for the spring wildflowers, but with the dry winter, it was not to be. Regardless, the buttes in Caineville did not disappoint. The light on the hills, from shadow to full sun, created depth and contrast that would entice any photographer. Lines that off-road vehicles have left on the Mars-like landscape lead the eye to distant buttes and layers of mystical formations. Despite the lack of wildflowers, the early morning light and array of grey hues made for some interesting photographs. This is a place I will definitely come back to. If not only to photograph, but to do some off-roading as well!




P.S. I'm working on my website and it should be up and running within a week. I'm working on a whole new look that I'm pretty excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment